Re: HYB: Tea Leaves X Golden Panther
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Tea Leaves X Golden Panther
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:23:25 -0400

I had forgotten that GOLDEN P is reported to rebloom, so yeah, Will, I
hope it reblooms too! ;-)

Got a note from GP's lurking human parent saying that it throws
seedlings that color a lot, like you say Donald. There's at least one
registered red from it in irisregister. A sib should open soon - in
bud, it looks closer to GP color, but may just be yellow. Interesting
to me that the color is so strong with TEA LEAVES as the other parent.
But my capacity to absorb new info on genetics of pigments seems to be
near zero at the moment.

At the rate things have been going, Vicki, no opportunity to evaluate
colorfastness! Near frost this AM, but at least some sun the next few days.

<I grew/grow some seedlings from Golden Panther and every single one of
the blooms were in this color range. Not one matched the parents color.
Donald Eaves>

<didn't expect it to come out that color. Hope it reblooms for you.
Will Warner>

<I love those rich brown tones but find they tend to fade. I am looking
for o0ne that is colorfast! Vicki>

Linda Mann east TN USA