AB: BIONIC FLASH X AT LAST
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: AB: BIONIC FLASH X AT LAST
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:12:01 -0500

All those pods on LIGHTS OF ARABIA were using pollen from this seedling. I
was taken with the color on this one. The orange tints on the falls were
also present in the standards but not quite as strong. I don't know how a
camera sees things exactly. In the garden this was a near self, especially
when seen from a distance. But the camera seemed mostly to see the pink in
the standards. I'd tried for years to get AT LAST pollen to work and last
year it worked here and with CAREFREE DAYS, a TB. The form is better than
the photo indicates. There is a lot of wind effect here. I've only had
about six days during all the bloom season when the winds weren't blowing
somewhere from 18mph to above 30mph. Three of those days were rainy. I'm
surprised to have managed many pods at all. There were a lot of times when
I simply quit trying to daub because I was so tired of trying it in the
wind. Ripping around again today, as usual.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image