HYB TB: Smoldering Fire X QIC
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: HYB TB: Smoldering Fire X QIC
  • From: Will Warner <wilwarner@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:00:14 -0700 (PDT)

Here's a clump shot of the smoldering fire x queen in calico seedlings.  I think there's only 2 different ones though.  Looks like one produced 3 stalks, and the other just one, but these are way too crowded and crawling over each other.  Adam asked about buds, there's not many from 4-6 per stalk, but like I was saying very crowded and most everything seems skimpy on buds this year. (one seedling that had 11 last year only has 6 this year). I'm keeping most everything for now (as long as it's not a total mutant and missing flower parts like a few of the space age seedlings are).
I'm moving the iris to my new place (8mi away) right after they bloom so I probably can't make any crosses on them this year, as the pods would likely fail, but I'm sure I'll still try a few.
 Thanks everybody for all the comments, I appreciate them all. :)

Will Warner
Springfield, Mo

JPEG image