AB: ARABIAN sUN
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: AB: ARABIAN sUN
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 21:20:32 -0500

This is new for me. Introduced via the ASI Plant Sale last year, this Pete
McGrath AB is really something different with the pale signal. I've
included two photos because in my harsh Texas sun it faded from a creamy
yellow to near white. So the photo from today is on top and the one when it
opened on 3/31 is the bottom.

I can't believe it survived that long, either. It's way too warm for this
early in the season. If the bugs aren't eating the buds before they open,
they are generally demolished by the end of the first day. That's on the
few blooms that are showing up. I did blow a bunch of the little beasties
off the bloom before I took the photo, so I expect it'll be demolished along
with the new blooms on the plant by tomorrow. They've found the plant now.
I think this is shaping up to be the most dismal bloom season I've ever had.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image