Re: HYB: evaluating...
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: evaluating...
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:04:05 -0400 (EDT)

Seems to favor TF the most.  Good job.  There is a theory that MATRIX lends itself to other colors and patterns.  It appears to be the case in this cross?  Good job.

<<" (=Immortality x Celebration Song) x TWILIGHT FANCIES) X MATRIX.>>
So long as the stalk can support the blooms, it's not necessary for the stalks to be overly chunky.  Of course, we also want strong roots to support the stalks and blooms.

Speaking of chunky stalks--Dusky Challenger has refused to bloom here.  Moved here in 2003, then moved to a new spot in 2007, it still refused to bloom.  Last fall, (2010) I moved it to one of the new beds.  It has a stalk.  Yeah!

Betty Wilkerson
KY zone 6