Re: Standard Dwarf Bearded is not a Median???
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Standard Dwarf Bearded is not a Median???
  • From: Eleanor Hutchison <eleanore@mymts.net>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:27:17 -0500

Let's hope so re MDB's, Tom.

El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3

Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Standard Dwarf Bearded is not a Median???

Hi Janet,

An AIS Judge really ought to know better. The Median class consists of:
SDB's
MTB's
IB's
BB's
It's possible the person in question was thinking of MDB's (dwarf)

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 12:06 PM, AIS Janet Smith <gbyp456@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all,

Fresno Iris Society had their spring show last Saturday. Small but considering all the weather we have had close to 100 irises showing is not bad.  Bill Tyson's seedling won best of show, a nice looking pink aril (forgot if it was bred or med.)

One of the judges said our schedule was wrong!  SDBs are not medians and should not be classed as such.

Now I really am confused and thought I would ask the question here.  Are SDBs in with the IBs and BBs as a median?????

She could not find it in the judges handbook either - I asked her to show me where it was so stated.
Janet Smith
AIS Slides
Photo Contest
Photo Coordinator
HIPS Slide Preservation

--
Tom Gormley
P. O. Box 177, De Leon Springs, FL 32130