Re: Standard Dwarf Bearded is not a Median???
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Standard Dwarf Bearded is not a Median???
  • From: "STEVE KELLY" <puffincc@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:10:22 -0600

  I was not aware that a seedling can win best of show? Is this correct?
I know at our recent show, the best in show was judged before the seedlings were even judged.
What is the policy on this?

Thanks
Steve Kelly

Fresno Iris Society had their spring show last Saturday. Small but considering all the weather we have had close to 100 irises showing is not bad.  Bill Tyson's seedling won best of show, a nice looking pink aril (forgot if it was bred or med.)

One of the judges said our schedule was wrong!  SDBs are not medians and should not be classed as such.

Now I really am confused and thought I would ask the question here.  Are SDBs in with the IBs and BBs as a median?????

She could not find it in the judges handbook either - I asked her to show me where it was so stated.
Janet Smith
AIS Slides
Photo Contest
Photo Coordinator