RE: Standard Dwarf Bearded is not a Median???
  • Subject: RE: Standard Dwarf Bearded is not a Median???
  • From: "Char Holte" <cholte@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 20:28:03 -0500

Thanks, Laurie

From: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of lauriefr@localnet.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:23 PM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Standard Dwarf Bearded is not a Median???

According to the AIS's definition, "Incidentally, the word "median"
refers to all the bearded irises except the miniature dwarfs and the
tall beardeds; that is to say the SDBs, IBs, BBs and the MTBs. Strictly
speaking, the word "dwarf" means only the MDBs."

See http://irises.org/About_Irises/Classifications.html