Re: HYB: First bloom (a maiden) purpureobractea hybrid
  • Subject: Re: HYB: First bloom (a maiden) purpureobractea hybrid
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 05:01:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi El,
Thanks! I especially like the vigor I'm seeing in this particular batch of seedlings. Apparently purpureobractea "nicks" well with that heavily pallida derived hybrid of mine.

And yes this seedling does have PBF - this is actually the same seedling that I'd posted picture of early in March showing the vigorous broad foliage and PBF.

Here's a link to what this one looked like at that time:

So are you getting any signs of growth yet up there or are the irises still holding back?

Thank again.
Take care, Tom

Very nice, Tom. I can't tell from the photo if it has pbf too.

El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3