Re: HYB: American Sweetheart
  • Subject: Re: HYB: American Sweetheart
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 03:28:48 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, I was hoping and half-expecting the aphylla hybrid pollen would work but was surprised at just how well it did.

Donald wrote: "That's a lot of purple tinted pigment involved if the link is the pollen parent used. But I can't tell where how Honky Tonk Blues fits in here. Is that a separate seedling batch using the aphylla hybrid?"

Yes, that link shows the pollen parent that I used for the currently germinating seedlings. That particular black-stemmed pollen parent came from 'Honky Tonk Blues' X aphylla 'Balascuta'.

Eleanor wrote: "I'll have to go take a closer look at Honky Tonk Blues, as I don't recall pbf."

Here's a link to a picture I'd posted in 2006 of the pbf of 'Honky Tonk Blues' itself. This year I think it might be a little more strongly pbf than that old picture shows, but it's close.

Thanks for your interest, Tom