HYB: Iris purpureobractea seedlings
  • Subject: HYB: Iris purpureobractea seedlings
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 04:18:43 -0700 (PDT)

Here are four seedlings that have bloomed so far from crosses in both directions between Iris purpureobractea and a seedling of mine "PBF/RM" [that is from (Kupari x Rosemary's Dream) X (Kupari x suaveolens
var. rubromarginata)]

All have some of the sweet scent but not as strong as the pollen parent. All still have "old-fashioned" pallida-type form with falls tucked under more than I'd like, but on the upside... most are showing improved branching (relative to "PBF/RM" and/or pallida). The stalk on the far-right illustrates that improvement and also shows the best bract color that I've seen so far among theses seedlings.