Re: HYB: Iris purpureobractea seedlings
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Iris purpureobractea seedlings
  • From: Eleanor Hutchison <eleanore@mymts.net>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:55:48 -0500

Looking good, Tom.
I did check TB Honky Tonk Blues, btw.  I hadn't noticed pbf on it before.  I'll have to pay closer attention and mark these things in my iris db.
El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3 where spring is suddenly rearing its pretty head!

Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:18 AM
Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: Iris purpureobractea seedlings

Here are four seedlings that have bloomed so far from crosses in both directions between Iris purpureobractea and a seedling of mine "PBF/RM" [that is from (Kupari x Rosemary's Dream) X (Kupari x suaveolens
var. rubromarginata)]

All have some of the sweet scent but not as strong as the pollen parent. All still have "old-fashioned" pallida-type form with falls tucked under more than I'd like, but on the upside... most are showing improved branching (relative to "PBF/RM" and/or pallida). The stalk on the far-right illustrates that improvement and also shows the best bract color that I've seen so far among theses seedlings.