Re: Re: HYB:cross 2307 & bling
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB:cross 2307 & bling
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:52:11 -0400 (EDT)

Crazy computer!  Maiden bloom on the 2307 cross.  This is another cross where I would go back and plant more, if I had them.  Very wide variety.  As to rebloom?  I doubt it.  Rebloom has not been that "easy" for me!  Renown has summer bloomed for me and LW is strong rebloom.  Treasured & Romantic Evening bloom in CA.  Still it's a roll of the dice.  Depends on how the genes line up.  I suspect there will need to be another generation to bring back the rebloom.  It's been my experience that the good rebloomers, especially summer, do get with it fairly quickly, so I should know within a year or two.

<<Maiden? If so, what's your intuition on likelihood of rebloom, esp
summer.>>
Bling has bloomed consistently for three years.  No rebloom.  Could use another branch.

Betty W.
Zone 6 KY

Maiden? If so, what's your intuition on likelihood of rebloom, esp
summer. They look good!

I esp like More Bling (good name for an iris!)

Linda M