Re: HYB: fall rebloom genetics
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: fall rebloom genetics
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 09:50:14 -0400

IMM sometimes blooms & finishes before my main season, which is skewed
towards later bloom (M & ML), but this year still has some unopened buds
as DUSKY C buds are showing color.

Some years it does bloom with the earliest things ('winter' cycle,
Jesse's Song), but usually more EM - M.

All the TBs seem to be open at once this year.

Betty - even in this phenomenal year, IMM has no pollen here. I think
it must have bud set early, then damaged by cold. It does have pollen
in the fall, but never have had any luck freezing it and trying to use
it later.

<Linda has also noted this at times.>