USA Visit
  • Subject: USA Visit
  • From: Colleen and Les Modra <lecol@adsl.on.net>
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 06:38:39 -0700

Have just arrived back after two weeks in USA with my daughter Rachael 14
We spent 5 days with friends just north of San Diego, Rachael and their
daughter have been friends since kindergarten. They moved to US about 3
years ago, so it was a wonderful catch up, especially for the girls.
We then trained out to Flagstaff Az and hired a car to go out to the
Grand Canyon and then drove to Porterville to stay with the Suttons.
Despite their increasing health issues, George and Margaret made us very
welcome for 5 days. Michael was wonderfully helpful in giving me full
access to the garden. I almost wish we still had our business, there are
so many I'd love to import.
Saw lots of animals San Diego Zoo, Bearizona (new drive thru wildlife
park, Williams Az) and CALM (Californian Living Museum, Bakersfield) and
of course many many irises at Suttons. Will be posting lots of photos,
but firstly here's Margaret and George and Michael, doing what he does best.

Colleen Modra
Thermomix Consultant
Mt Pleasant
South Australia