Re: Is this iris nutrient deficient?
  • Subject: Re: Is this iris nutrient deficient?
  • From: sdayres2@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 12:54:11 -0400 (EDT)

Yes I do have aphids.  Would they prefer one variety over the other Arilbreds around them?  Question is what to use to get rid of the critters.  Soapy water doesn't get into the crevices.  You can buy ladybugs.  But the first thing they will do is exercise their wings and fly away.  Anybody know anyway to keep the ladybug critters in the yard?  You can buy preying mantis eggs.  But they are cannibalistic and the first ones out will fatten themselves on the siblings.   I don't know how to break apart the eggs from each other without damaging the eggs.  Anyone try green lacewings?
 I miss Disyston (spelling), but that has now been outlawed.  Anyway, I am trying to encourage the beneficial bugs.