CULT: triclopyr (was Re: Is this iris nutrient deficient?
  • Subject: CULT: triclopyr (was Re: Is this iris nutrient deficient?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 20:06:06 -0400

Anybody know if the herbicide triclopyr is safe to use on irises? Seems
to have little known toxicity to birds, fish, bees & other insects,
mammals. From what I could find online, it's used mostly to kill woody
things in pasture. Other than that, I couldn't find a list of what
plants it does and doesn't harm.

> You should also be aware that imidacloprid is toxic to honeybees feeding on the pollen and nectar of those plants.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imidacloprid_effects_on_bees
> John

Linda Mann