REB: Ahwahnee Princess X Ruth Black
  • Subject: REB: Ahwahnee Princess X Ruth Black
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 11:33:46 -0400

Thanks, Mike.  And not just for your response, but for
Ahwahnee Princess herself!  Wide, round, blue-bearded
pink SDB that reblooms reliably here - a treasure.
I can't begin to describe how tickled I am when I grow just
one seedling from a cross and it turns out to be a rebloomer,
much less a nicely-formed pink one! (Yes, I'm sure this seedling
will RE, and expect a second branch when established)
My dilemma now will be finding a mate here to support the blue
beard.  TBREs are my first love, but I definitely get more RE action
from medians.  Most of my AP went to club sales last year (they
expect me to bring new rebloomers), but I'm collecting pollen and
trying crosses with every bloom.
I've marked 63 spent primaries so far this spring, far and away
a record here, probably due to the heat/drought last summer
that slowed everything down.
As always, the photos you're posting are gorgeous. More, more!
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5