Re: Re: COMP: photo size
  • Subject: Re: Re: COMP: photo size
  • From: Chuck Chapman <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 19:26:07 -0400 (EDT)

The limit on size for this group is much below what you sent. About 60K
per photo and 200K for several pictures sent in same post, or about
that anyway. Some people may still be on dialup. It would take them
all day to download these photos. And many people obviously don't know
how to view them properly. They do come up as photos that are about 3X
the width of my screen, which makes it unviewable unless processed.

Also takes up a humongous amount of storage space in archives. Some
20-30 properly sized photos could be stored for each one you sent.

There are lots of downsizing programs which can reduce these to 6'
screen shots and can be as small as 20K, with minimal loss of detail.

I was on dialup until about a year ago, when a new tower went up that
could reach me. We were in radio shadow of all the other towers around.
So I can still remember having to abort anything any near this size.

Chuck Chapman