RE: Photos Robert Sutton
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: RE: Photos Robert Sutton
  • From: Chuck Chapman <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 09:44:30 -0400 (EDT)

Newest, fastest computer will still take as much time. It is the
internet connection that is limiting factor.

Until last year I had to rely on dial-up. New tower allowed a
connection. I was in radio shadow of all other towers. Others are still
in this position.

Large photos cause all sorts of problems. Think of storage space in the
archives. It needs a physical resource. At 4 Mg you can store 200 -20K
photos. And you can easily put a 6" photo into this size with
compression/sizing software available.

Also there are people trolling for high resolution photos to capture
and use for commercial purposes. We caught one on this list a couple
of years ago. He was banned access to list, but there are others.

Chuck Chapman