Re: HYB: a few more horrors
  • Subject: Re: HYB: a few more horrors
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:59:57 -0400

Will do, Betty. In fact, I will attempt some crosses that I don't want,
just to find out.

So far, nothing has come close to trying to make a pod, and I seriously
doubt any of these badly damaged ones are capable of it, but several are
making what looks and feels like decent pollen. & I am putting pollen
on all the DUSKY GRAPE X VM variegata blooms that are opening. It
doesn't look as bad as the horrors I've posted, but is pretty bad.

Most of the 'best' (i.e., most likely to succeed at setting/keeping a
pod) things in pots are about done. Too bad your 1810-1 is done; it
was incredibly fertile both ways.

So may have to attempt crosses amongst the horrors. eek. CSONG is
showing color and will be amongst the horrors, usually makes lots of
good pollen so will try to use it on something.

Thanks, Betty, you have given me something fun to explore!

> Let us all know if crosses made with these plants give a take.
> Important information.
> Betty Wilkerson
> Zone 6 KY
> autmirislvr@aol.com