Re: HYB: finally
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: finally
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:06:21 -0400

Griff, I wish! I've got big, I've got ruffled (lots of those now), I've
got a few broad, but nothing with even two of those traits, much less
all three.

Besides, this is the year for rebloom breeding, & those traits are still
not amongst my available rebloomers -

broad - RENOWN <should> rebloom, but hardly ever does & passes on
disease & freeze susceptibility. Didn't have MATRIX in a pot, so only
got pollen from one bloom before it froze, and already used it up before
the freeze. I will probably scrape around the envelope and see if I can
get some pollen, otherwise will probably go back to RENOWN.

ruffled - nothing that reblooms

big - only big bloomed rebloomers with stored pollen are ENGLISH COTTAGE
and VIOLET MIRACLE. not a good mixture.

Lots of half (& less) rebloomer pollen, but I've sworn off making those
crosses for now. Too much work!

> Try something with big, broad and ruffled falls

Are there any rebloomers (any color) up your way that are big, broad, &
ruffled? And bloom fairly early in the fall?

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7b