Re: HYB: another freeze survivor ;-)
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: another freeze survivor ;-)
  • From: iris <iris@syix.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 23:10:14 -0700

That yellow is striking! It reminds me of the historic iris Easter Time.
I enjoy your posts. thank you!
Bonnie

Linda -- In my experience, this one would probably only give you a modicum of increased breadth, and, with no more ruffling, would leave you with an iris little changed in form from the seedling that you have. I would go for a cross with much broader, rounder, flared and ruffled falls. I think it takes a fairly radical difference in the cross to get an appreciable change in the shape of the progeny. Iâve attached a few examples. -- Griff