Re: HYB: another freeze survivor ;-)
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: another freeze survivor ;-)
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 18:36:06 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks, Griff! I'm getting a few late stalks and some remnants of other
stalks. A handful of stalks lost their tops and are now blooming a
couple of blooms on the lower branches that remain. When you compare it
to the number of stalks I had and should have had, the percentage is
less than .01% Not that it will help much with temperatures reaching
84 + degrees.

Three pods may have survived (or not) on some SDBs and now I've done a
couple TB crosses today. Not expecting much.

I had one week of TB season before the destruction. All crosses made
during that time were destroyed.

Betty Wilkerson
Zone 6 KY
autmirislvr@aol.com