Re: Domingo

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

Domingo is an OGB which stands for an Oncogeliabred and according to the new
classification system means it is half Aril content in it ancestry. OGB- means
less than half aril. OGB+ more than half. If I have this all correct, Oncos
(meaning oncocylcus) and Regelias are Arils. Aside from Silent Tears, which I
grew last year, this is the first year for arilbreds ( a more general term
meaning anything with Aril content in it) for me. Look for more pictures.

If you are interested, Harold Peters (on iris-photos) of Beautiful View Iris
Garden grows them, and Sharon McAllister (on iris-talk) has am immense wealth
of knowledge, although she is not selling this year, and Luella Danielson
(Pleasure Iris gardens) is another great source.

BTW when folks reply to my photo postings I ask them to remove the JIJ: from
the subject line of their reply so that at a later date I can search the
archives for JIJ: and get nothing else but my photo posts (mostly) - sort of
clever I thought, maybe..  :>))

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

Looking for the perfect gift for a friend?
Tell them about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!