[PHOTO] SDB: KENTUCKY BLUEGRASS | Fri, 30 Apr 1999 16:18:05" />

[PHOTO] SDB: KENTUCKY BLUEGRASS

KENTUCKY BLUEGRASS (Bennett Jones, 1970)  near green self.

This is definitely a near green flower.  But if a flower is a "self"
shouldn't the beard be the same color too?  I'm not familiar with all those
"rules" but maybe this isn't Kentucky Bluegrass?  What do you folks think?

I like this iris, but so do the aphids.  For that reason, I am not using it
too much in my hybridizing.  The aphids attack this iris before any others
in my garden.

I also like it because it's from 1970 (the year of my birth).  I've started
a collection of 1970 irises.  :)  Next year *I'M* going to be historic!
ROFL!!!  :)

JPEG image

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net