Re: BLACK OUT & hybridizing

This was not a planned cross , none of my planned crosses really
happened because so many didn't bloom.  Since this is only the second
year of my hybridizing experiment , I'm thrilled just to see the cross
take.  Because I'm so busy with my two young sons when I'm not at work ,
I don't even have a second to consider the possibilities , but now that
you mention it , the cross sounds interesting.

I also wanted to try hybridizing space agers so I daubed with what ever
bloomed for me. I had great success with the pollen of THORNBIRD , on
the likes of BABBLING BROOK , GOLDEN GALAXY and HONKY TONK BLUES.  I
have no great  expectations for these crosses because so many people
find TBIRD ugly,  just want to want to try to breed irises with
appendages.  Hopefully I'll give it a more serious attempt next year
with all the stuff I ordered in .

storylade@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/25/2000 9:10:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
> chris.darlington@sympatico.ca writes:
>
> << BLACK OUT ,
>  BLACK OUT X HONKY TONK BLUES. >>
>
> Oh, the possibilities!
>
> Betty / Bowling Green KY USA (Where the weather gives us something to
> complain about when we can find nothing better) zone 6

Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7872/0/_/503733/_/967336311/