Re: TB: PlayBack

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: PlayBack
  • From: "Ellen Gallagher" <ellengalla@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 05:49:43 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., Gerry Snyder <gerrysnyder@m...> wrote:

> > PLAYBACK was introduced in 1981 by George Slade, of Cynthiana, KY.
> Very striking. I bet it would be a lot better known if it came from
> a more famous hybridizer. Can you give some more info about him?

Mark already did that _but_ I have GEORGE SLADE growing in my garden
in two spots. That is the downfacing Asiatic lily named 'George
Slade'. It is a small, pale yellow for you lilium fanciers.

I wonder if George Slade hybridized lilium as well? Currier McEwen
started out as a daylily hybridizer.

I really liked PLAYBACK too.

Ellen Gallagher / NH

Small business owners...