Re: TB: Superstition

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Superstition
  • From: lmmunro@hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 14:06:07 -0000

Hi Kathy:
  I think the iris has substance. It seems pretty tough, and the
blooms last a while; I would say maybe 4 days. I've never had a black
toned iris bloom for me before, so I have nothing to compare it to.
But I also live in NJ and don't know how it would react to Arizona
climate. I think one of the nicest things about this iris is its form
is good. Many blacks I see don't have a nice shape; too flaring;
orsmallish standards; or flounced in a funny way, etc. This one has
that nice 'waterfall' classic iris shape. But its not as black as the
blackest iris, if you can live with that.

--- In iris-photos@y..., cathycampi@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 7/30/01 8:27:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> fjmjedwards@w... writes:
> > How is its substance, Laetitia?  I dislike irises that can't hold
up more
> > than one day.  Many of the older ones, especially the dark ones
collapse in
> > the heat here in Arizona.
> > Francelle Edwards,  Glendale, AZ   zone 9
> >
> Sorry for jumping in but  SUPERSTITION bloomed for us in late
April. That
> makes it a late bloomer for us as that was the end of spring bloom.
> bleaching despite 12+ hours of direct sun. 3-5 days per bloom.
> blooming when the days  got in the 95F range.
> Cathleen,Zone 9b,Average temp for April was 85 F

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!