Re: Iris stenophylla alisonii

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Iris stenophylla alisonii
  • From: ptyerman@ozemail.com.au
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 01:10:02 -0000

> That is a cool looking iris.  I've never even heard of it before.  I
> saw the "aphylla" part in the name and figured it would be bearded.
> Wrong!

It certainly is a cute little thing.  VERY similar in appearance to
the Iris reticulatas, but with the little wing appearance.  Leaves are
totally different, sort of curling around.  Can take a picture of them
as well if anyone is interested.

> Thanks for the cool pic.  You grow some great stuff down under,
Paul.

Thanks.  That one is courtesy of a friend who sent me stuff from
Tasmania.  I have received so many nice things from him, with things
like this thrown in from time to time that I have never even heard of
let alone seen.

I have a lot of bits and pieces and add to them whenever I can find
anything interesting.  At the moment we're trying to work out how we
can add a second storey to the garden <grin>........  Don't have much
space (but that has never stopped me yet <big grin>.

Glad you're enjoying the pictures.  Have all sort of other non-iris
pics of stuff such as Hellebores, Galanthus, Species Narcissus,
Fritillarias (will be taking more as they flower) and stuff like that.

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia

Small business owners...