Re: Iris unguicularis cultivars

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Iris unguicularis cultivars
  • From: GardnrJan1@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 06:30:49 EDT

ptyerman@ozemail.com.au writes:

<<  Iris unguicularis photos put through.

 So...... here's a few.....  'Blue Stripe', 'Walter Butt' and the basic
 species.   >>
Dear Paul,
         Do you or anyone else on the list know if unguicularis can stand the
rz covered?   I have some of the basic species and my sandy blasted stupid
soil seems hard to keepover the rhizomes, even the roots expose sometimes
after rain...they're planted at the base of a pine tree where I've heard they
do well.   It bloomed well last year but same problem, had to keep covering
the rz/roots when soil washed away.   Can they take a heavier soil?    I know
so little about unguicularis.   Thanks in advance...
Janet Natale
zone 8 of Sc, inland somewhat Myrtle Beach

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!