Re: OT: Pardancanda (Candy Lily)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] OT: Pardancanda (Candy Lily)
  • From: "Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 13:02:54 -0700

Laetitia and Mark,

I've seen both of these color forms show up in the Pardancanda and both are

What really caught my attention was the mention of the bloom cycle.. I seem
to remember a thread quite a while back on iris-talk about how to know for
sure if an oddly colored I. dicotoma might actually be a P. norrisii.

The dicotoma are in bloom (Pardancanda are only sending up bloom stalks) and
I've noticed that they open in the early evening and fold as soon as the sun
begins to heat things up. Anyone know if the dicotoma might be pollinated by
moths? There certainly aren't any bees awake during those hours.

Skip & Christy Hensler
Newport, WA