[PHOTO] Unknown Plant---Ginger? | Tue, 7 Aug 2001 21:06:34" />

[PHOTO] Unknown Plant---Ginger?

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Unknown Plant---Ginger?
  • From: BigAlligator@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 22:06:06 EDT

     Here is an unknown plant I have growing near some potted Irises.  I
found it coming up volunteer in a Crape Myrtle from a nursery, back in 1999.
I thought it was something other than a weed, so I put it in a one gallon
pot, and sunk it into the ground.  It made more shoots, and got about 10"
tall last year.  [It goes dormant in winter].  This year, it reached about
15" tall, and this is what it looks like in bloom.  This is not an upside
down photo.
     It looks to me like some sort of Ginger.  What do you all think?

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.   USDA Zone 8b    Heat Zone 10

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!