Re: TB: 3 unknowns

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: 3 unknowns
  • From: laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 21:45:00 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., charmike1@j... wrote:
> Tom, thanks so much for the info. If it is indeed Yaquina Blue and I
> had known...I might have voted differently in our "fun poll". It is
> definitely more blue than the picture shows in a Cooley cat. but is
> close to the Shreiners pic. It is a huge bloom and very reliable big
> clump of flowers. It also had a long bloom season.

I'm afraid your pic doesn't look at all like my YAQUINA BLUE.  Mine
was considerably darker-hued and had more open and flaring standards.
The bloom on mine was HUGE (half again as large as any other iris
bloom on the place), though I can't comment on the length of bloom
period.  My first year plant produced an extremely stunted and
deformed stalk with only a single bud.  You can find a pic of my YB in
the archives.

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!