Re: Here is a pice link that's cool..

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Here is a pice link that's cool..
  • From: Jelcy <jelcy.romberg@verizon.net>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 20:53:46 -0500

It's the same one as I have had since last spring with the same  web site but from a
separate source
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0011/earthlights_dmsp_big.jpg";.
Also was the Astronomy page of the day last fall which I also have bookmarked.

Jelcy

Gerry Snyder wrote:

> "R.J. Baynum" wrote:
> >
> > This was sent to me by a personal friend at NASA
> > Take a look!
> >
> > R.J.
> > >
> > > Check the link below...This is really a sight to behold!  The image is a
> panoramic view of the world, at night,  from the space station .
>
> It is beautiful. It looks like the picture I use as wallpaper at work.
>
> But it does not seem to me that it is from ISS. I had remembered it
> being from some weather satellite. (but I have been wrong before) It is
> a composite from many images over a fair period (at any given time, much
> of the Earth is cloudy)
>
> Fantastic pic, though
> --
> mailto:gerrysnyder@mediaone.net
> Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP
> Member San Fernando Valley, Southern California Iris Societies
> in warm, winterless Los Angeles--USDA 9b-ish, Sunset 18-19
> my work: helping generate data for: http://galileo.jpl.nasa.gov/

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!