Re: CULT: Potted irises in Fla

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] CULT: Potted irises in Fla
  • From: BigAlligator@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 20:39:02 EDT

In a message dated 8/23/01 12:11:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
land_of_mu@yahoo.com writes:

<< Mark- Please explain why all bearded irises are grown in pots in
 florida.  What is it about the environment that necessitates this? >>

     I am not sure why.  It may be that the Irises don't like the sandy soil,
or that the pots give them more chilling in the winter months.  This is
something I am trying to find out myself, but since Irises are not typically
grown here...

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.

CLICK HERE to search