[PHOTO] Re: Re: SDB: Ruby Eruption | Mon, 27 Aug 2001 05:07:28" />

[PHOTO] Re: Re: SDB: Ruby Eruption

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Re: SDB: Ruby Eruption
  • From: Sandra Barss <barsssa@mb.sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 05:11:39 -0700

Thanks Laurie.

I noticed his catalog pictures vary, too.  This is just not an easy iris to get the color
right on.  I decided I would go with the second picture - I know the color is just
not right but I can't remember the color when it bloomed enough to adjust it further.

Sandra

laurief@paulbunyan.net wrote:

--- In iris-photos@y..., Sandra Barss <barsssa@m...> wrote:
> I had to do some color adjustments.  For those who grow Ruby Eruption
> which
> picture do you think is the closest to the real color ?

I have Chuck's catalog from the last two years, and the pics of RE in
each catalog are quite different in terms of the red/purple hue. One
is more ruby; one is more dark red-purple.  Chuck's two promotional
pics look more like your first and second photos.  The third is too
light and bright red.

Laurie

GIF image

GIF image