Re: CAT: Survey of Iris Supliers - Results

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] CAT: Survey of Iris Supliers - Results
  • From: Kitty Johnston <kitty@ojai.net>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:29:15 +0000

I found this interesting.  Obviously I didn't take part in the poll because
my favorite and many others isn't there:  Sutton's Iris.  They have the
healthiest bulbs and the most generous bonuses.  The people are kind and
helpful and give straight answers.  I would advise everyone to check them
out.  Their prices are the most reasonable.  And for me, the iris do better
here.  I live where it is hot and dry and the irises from cool weather
places don't thrive.  The Schreiner's I get from  Sutton have been vetted
for hot weather and have flowered better than those I got straight from
Schreiner's.

Kitty in Ojai, CA

John Jones wrote:

> Thought you all might find this interesting:
>
> http://www.gardenweb.com/vote/lists/iris2001.html

>                          |  Annotation used by ancient cartographers
>                          |  to indicate the edge of the known world.
> For your Iris gift needs, visit the AIS Gift Shop at:
> http://www.AISGiftShop.com
>
> USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
> Fremont, California, USA
> Visit my website at:
> http://www.usjoneses.com
> Vice Chairman, Region 14 of the AIS
> Director, American Iris Society
> Chairman, AIS Committee for Electronic Member Services
>
> Subscribe to iris-talk at:
> http://yahoogroups.com/subscribe/iris-talk
> Archives at: http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-talk/
>
> Subscribe to iris-photos at: