Re: "Patricia?"

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: "Patricia?"
  • From: neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 21:37:53 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., geddis@d... wrote:
"Have noticed the name Patricia today...."

Message #29945 in Iris-talk was posted by Patricia Brooks from WA
state with the tag "HYB: Show us your babies!"   She added the
comment, "Just the idea of A + B = C fills me with curiosity.
Parentage and results would be fascinating." and signed the
post, "Patricia Brooks--first-year hybridizer, nothing to show for it
yet"

Some of us have responded to Patricia in Iris-photos (photos cannot
be posted to Iris-talk) with the tags you noted.

"Is there an iris by the name of Patricia?  If there is I would be
very interested in it.  Would love to have an iris with my deceased
sister's name...."

The quickest way to get an answer to a question of this nature is
through asking John Jones for access to the iris on-line Registry.
In the meantime, here is some information:

PATRICIA was registered by H. P. Sass in 1939 and introduced in July
1940.  I would be very surprised if this iris could now be found.

Several additional cultivars have been registered during the 40's,
50's and 60's as PATRICIA followed by a surname, such as PATRICIA
CRAIG.  It is doubtful many of these are still available, but not
impossible.  You do your sister honor.

Good luck in your search!

Neil Mogensen z 6b/7a near Asheville, NC

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!