Re: Double Shot budded stalk

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Double Shot budded stalk
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:57:21 EDT

In a message dated 8/5/2002 3:15:55 PM Central Daylight Time, cathy@pav.research.panasonic.com writes:

If you can, get a shot of this one in mid bloom. That ought to be something.
And what, pray tell, are you feeding this one? Its almost a mutant!

Or maybe a Ninja Turtle. <g>. Bed received ammonium nitrate in year 2000 nitrogen/iris test. Bed received 5-20-20 in spring of  2001. Bed received no additional nutrients in 2002. Bed pH is presently 8.2 and received 2" of rain last week. I have no idea what the present nutrient level is but the last time (1999) it was tested as being high in potassium. As I stated earlier the stalk is atypical. Normally, Double Shot produces an 8 or 9 bud stalk.

Bill Burleson 7a/b
Old South Iris Society

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor