Re: Regimen or Reality? more comments

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Regimen or Reality? more comments
  • From: "chadschroter" chadschroter@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:30:33 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., IrisLady <IrisLady@c...> wrote:
> Do you know which one grows better?
>
> Margie
> Oro Valley, AZ.
> zone 8/9
> irislady@c...

    Regarding the picture of Regimen, when I saw a row of it I did'nt
remember it having so much blue in the falls, in fact I remember it
as a self, very ruffled and laced, and more brown than red.

   Reality which I grew years ago does have a lot of blue in the
Falls, but is a meager grower here with smaller flowers.

   Of the newer Ghio near reds, Picante grows like a weed here
(instant clump) and is almost indistiguishable from Visier, which is
slightly lighter and perhaps a little broader in form. Enoble also
grows well, is quite dark with huge flowers and commeasuratly fewer
buds.

Chad Schroter in Los Gatos California Zone 9

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/RN.GAA/2gGylB/TM