[PHOTO] Re: Bayberry Candle | Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:39:07" />

[PHOTO] Re: Bayberry Candle

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Bayberry Candle
  • From: Kitty Johnston kitty@ojai.net
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:41:27 +0000

Well, if mine looks like yours I will be happy.  I find the same thing to be true of Thornbird.  I love it in all its variations, but I have friends who would "pull" it right away.  They don't get the attraction.  Guess it's lucky we don't all like the same things.  THanks for sharing.  I am enjoying the photos.

Kitty

William Wells wrote:

Kitty,

Here's another pic of Bayberry Candle as it appeared for me this year. It's a really unusual color, I think. Very distinctive from anything else I grow. I wasn't too keen on it the first year it bloomed for me, but it sort of grows on you....I like it more each year, it seems. Color seems to vary a lot depending on light conditions to me. Sometimes a distinctly greenish cast, other times not. Like I said, pretty distinctive, I think. Not everybody's cup of tea, though.....My nephew's reaction to the first bloom after I gave a rhizome to my brother, "Wow, Dad, that sure is an ugly iris!"

Bill Wells

Kitty Johnston wrote:

3D4D422F.4F24F43@ojai.net">
I just loveyour photo of Bayberry Candle.  I ordered it and it came
yesterday.  I had never seen a photo just took the description as what I
wanted.  It is lovely to see what it really looks like.  Does it grow well
for you?

Kitty

Christopher Darlington wrote:

Two older varieties

Bayberry Candle  DeForest 69
Unicorn Austin 54  ( I didn't realize the cat was there until I opened
the envelope)

If these older ones could speak, I wonder what kind of stories they'd
have to tell.  I love the older irises too.

Chris

 [Image]

Access your PC just like Web Mail
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r5uw2C/zncEAA/Ey.GAA/2gGylB/TM