Re: HYB IB seedling (N-01-V-00)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB IB seedling (N-01-V-00)
  • From: "irischap" irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 00:47:44 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., jpvhook@a... wrote:
> Chuck,
>        I did get some Luminata seedlings from Hot dogs and mustard X
> Woman
> and some fancy Plic. and BC's . Thanks !!! Do you still have the
Plic. charts
> !!!
> John Van Hook Somerset, Ky. Zone 6

I still have the chart and am continuing to fine tune it. Your results
are right in line with what predicted. I need more numbers to confirm
ratios predicted and need to conect phenotype with genotype of certain
plicata patterns.
I now suspect that Broken colour can be two different genotypes. It
appears to be a balancing act over control of the anthrocyanin between
the three plicata alleles. One each of regular plicata, one luminata
and one glaciata gene. These  are (or at least appear to be)
paratially dominant in regards to each other and each controls
distribution of the antthrocyanin in a slightly different way. One
genotype has two glaciata genes and the other has two luminata gene.
The amount, or I suspect the particular type of anthrocyanin,
determines the patern. It would appear that different anthrocyanins
are affect slightly differently by these alleles.
Feel free to speculate and/or ask questions.  My head doesn't hurt as
much when I think about this stuff now.

Chuck Chapman

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now