Re: Amos Perry

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Amos Perry
  • From: BigAlligator@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 20:32:40 EDT

In a message dated 8/17/02 6:28:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Peter.Maynard@btinternet.com writes:

<< The full title is The Victoria Medal of Honour in horticulture  V.M.H.
 This award is made by the R.H.S., was established in 1897 to confer
 conspicuous honour on British horticulturists resident in the U.K. The
 number is presently limited to 63, the number of years that Queen Victoria
 reigned. >>

     Thank you very much for the information.  From what I see, it looks like
Amos Perry was very worthy of the award for his growing and hybridizing of
Irises and Daylilies.  Siberian Irises will not grow here, but oddly enough,
the Perry Daylilies I have are among my best growers.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida, USA
USDA Zone 8b        Sunset Zone 28

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now