Re: My first rebloom ever!

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] My first rebloom ever!
  • From: William Wells wells@train.missouri.org
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 07:18:19 -0500

Hi, Kitty,

I think I've had Immortality 3 years. I don't think it bloomed in the spring last year, but bloomed profusely in the spring this year. I came home from work yesterday to find the bloomstalk in the picture snapped off (probably the guilty parties are in that picture, too!). However, there is a second bloomstalk. Who knows? Maybe it will actually rebloom relaibly here. We'll see.....

Bill Wells

Kitty Johnston wrote:
Congratulations.  How long have you had the plant?  I've had one for three
years and no rebloom yet, but I hear it is slow to do so. Your cats are
quite elegant and offset the flower well.

William Wells wrote:

Yes, I know it is a short stalk, but still a thrill to get my first
rebloom ever, and three blooms open at once made for a lovely splash of
unexpected white. Immortality just earned a spot in my garden for the
rest of my days... ..

Considering the havoc they have wreaked with their playful antics
amongst my iris foliage this year, Buki and Harley decided to pose in
partial repayment....

Bill Wells (in southern MO where the temps are in the 90's but mulch is
still going down around the new daylilies...whew!)

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now