[PHOTO] water bottles as heat sinks | Sat, 24 Aug 2002 18:26:25" />

[PHOTO] water bottles as heat sinks

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] water bottles as heat sinks
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 19:24:47 -0400

Here is the clump of seedling IMCS-1 surrounded by water filled cola
bottles as protection from late winter/early spring freeze damage to
developing primordia still inside the rhizome.

Ultimate tacky.

Covering with non-woven porous plant bed covers adds another level of
protection.  I have kept tomatos growing happily surrounded by bottles
and covered with Reemay when outside temperatures were in the mid-20s F.

I finally gave in and bought more software so I could edit pix with one
program instead of having to use all three.  Hope this suits.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Tennessee Whooping Crane Walkathon:
<http://www.whoopingcranesovertn.org>