[Fwd: Important Yahoo! Groups Service Changes]

  • Subject: [iris-photos] [Fwd: Important Yahoo! Groups Service Changes]
  • From: Catherine Button cathy@pav.research.panasonic.com
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 08:43:44 -0400

Dear John/Moderator,

Below is an excerpt that came from Yahoo that you probably recieved as
well. Since the photos attached to messages will no longer be archived,
does this change the reasoning behind leaving iris-photos at yahoo? As I
vaguely recall, when the iris-talk list was moved from yahoo to
hort.net, the iris-photos list was not moved because there was some
question as to the space issue of archiving all that photo stuff....

Using the photo area or the Files area at yahoo is not a good solution
since it is very limited on space when you have a "free" yahoo group and
also because lots of members don't want to go thru the rigamarole of
going thru the yahoo web pages to view photos (me included).

But it would be nice to have the list archive and the photos all
together in one place if thats possible... for free...

- Message Attachments: Yahoo! Groups will continue to deliver all
attachments sent via email, however, the attachments will no longer be
archived within the Messages area. You may continue to upload files
and images to the Files and Photos areas of your groups.  Please
re-upload any attachments you would like to preserve to the Photos or
Files areas of your group. On Aug. 7, all attachments in the Messages
area will be removed, and Yahoo! will be unable to retrieve such data.

           Phone: 609-518-3700 x4444          Fax: 609-518-3720

   cathy@gixxergirl.org           http://www.gixxergirl.org/