Re: Variagated Seedlings

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Variagated Seedlings
  • From: "irischap" irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 16:57:12 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Sandy Ives <rives@r...> wrote:

> How many of these have purple leaf base? None of the variagated ones
> seem to have it.
> Have you ever got a seed pod off of Canadian Streaker?
> Chuck Chapman
>

> 1.) None of the seedlings have PBF, variagated or not.
>
> 2.) I've tried getting seed pods off of CS, but never successfully.
>
> I did get seed pods off of Zebra Nights, but no variagated offspring
came of the cross.  In both cases, I was crossing for an IB.

> My success record hasn't been very good since 2001.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sandy

This is another example of a PBF (SARGENT PRESTON, intense PBF, X
non-PBF(SEA POWER) with no PBF offspring. This is in support of my
premise that PBF is partially dominate and shows itself with 3 or 4
PBF genes. If PBF was dominant then 1/2 or more (depending on dosage
of PBF in parent) would have PBF.

Chuck Chapman

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM