Re: another sdlg sibling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: another sdlg sibling
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 17:13:27 -0000

Hello Francelle,

> That one is really pretty, Donald.  Ordinarily I don't like red
beards
> on purple or orchid,

Well, I can understand that!  I tend to like brilliant red orange
beards on white irises and those that tend toward black, but not as
well on the remaining color range.  They are though, without a
doubt, an eyecatching feature of a bloom.  On Sandy's posting from
the convention I noticed some really bright beards, many seem to be
in the pink tones rather than orange.

Some that seemed to be the defining feature of the bloom were:

JOHN PAUL JONES (Ensminger '00)
LACY LYNX (Kasperek '00)
MISS MAUVE (Tasco '00) - appears really pink
HOLY COW (Burseen '88)
POTOMAC FIREWORKS (Spoon '02) - red, white & blue
QUANDRY (Keppel '01) - flashy beards!

Sandy's photos were much appreciated and enjoyed.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 8, USA

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510