Re: another sdlg sibling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: another sdlg sibling
  • From: "nmogens" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 17:43:27 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "donald" <donald@e...> wrote:
"...I noticed some really bright beards...that seemed to be the
defining feature of the bloom were:  ...QUANDRY (Keppel '01) - flashy

IMPULSIVE (Ghio by Maryott '01) from the same parentage as Keppel's
Quandry has less obvious purple fall splatter of the "Puccini" type,
but has a *very* conspicuous beard.  As an orange amoena it is
outstanding.  With the beard it is nothing short of an eye-catching,
purse snatching varmint.  The "Puccini" fall speckles seem almost
irrelevant.  It also has very fertile, abundant pollen I might add.
I am quite fond of it and hope to see some seedlings next year--or
more probably in 2005, as we have had so little sun and so much rain
this year all the seedlings from whatever cross are just barely
getting started on their growth--not much chance of bloom next
spring, I'm afraid, unless we have a very warm, very sunny and very
late Autumn.

I'd like to see Impulsive and Quandry side by side.  That should be

Neil Mogensen  z 7, western NC